Sydney Performance Lab and North Shore Running and Outdoor Fitness are dedicated to helping individuals achieve their performance goals. We specialize in providing recreational & sub-elite runners and athletes with the same evidence-based performance testing and programming that elite athletes expect!
We are currently seeking casual Strength and Conditioning Coaches, Exercise Scientists or Exercise Physiologists to work at our dedicated Performance Lab in Lane Cove West.
The successful applicants are responsible for establishing and maintaining individualised strength and conditioning and/or rehabilitation programs for a variety of clients, with the three major goals of improving performance, reducing injuries, and teaching lifelong fitness and movement skills
The Strength and Conditioning Coach devises training programs according to sound scientific principles, supervises training sessions, evaluates clients, maintains records, and teaches strength and conditioning classes as needed. The Strength and Conditioning Coach communicates regularly with the head coach and allied health practitioners to determine what the clients need to work on. The Strength and Conditioning Coach is involved in maintaining the facility.
The successful applicants will join our amazing team of qualified Strength and Conditioning Coaches and Degree Qualified Exercise Scientists. The successful applicant will work under our head exercise scientist and strength and conditioning coach, Claire Paterson to service our clientele by applying correct Exercise Science training methods and programming..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement exercise science testing such as V02max and lactate threshold assessments (training provided)
- Develop strength and conditioning and/or rehabilitation programs to meet the needs of a variety of individual clients in a manner that reflects research-driven practices.
- Implement individual programs in one-on-one and semi-private settings
- Lead group fitness activities
- Facilitate a collaborative relationship among allied health practitioners and the strength and conditioning staff.
- Exercise effective, proactive and appropriate communication between clients and colleagues
- Create a non-threatening and motivating training atmosphere
- Maintain detailed, accurate and updated client records to track client progress over their training lifetime
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science or Equivalent (or currently working on such) and/or minimum Level 2 Strength and Conditioning (ASCA)
- A strong working knowledge and teaching skills in techniques and analysis of strength training.
- Evidence of good organizational skills and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Working with Children Check
- First Aid/CPR
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- 2 years+ experience working as a strength coach/exercise scientist/exercise physiologist
- Athletics Australia qualifications
- Interest in running and endurance training/events
- Competitive hourly rate with the opportunity for permanent placement for the right candidate
- Supportive and collaborative team environment.
- Access to fitness facilities and resources.
If you are a dedicated Exercise Scientist/Strength and Conditioning Coach with a passion for helping others achieve their fitness goals, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience via the 'Apply' button. Applications will be accepted until December 1st 2023.
Sydney Performance Lab and North Shore Running and Outdoor Fitness are equal-opportunity employers and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.