Who should apply?
We are looking for a passionate fitness professional to join our education team to support our students in completing Certificate III & IV in Fitness qualifications.
If you have experience as a Personal Trainer, Exercise Professional or HPE teacher, then this is the perfect opportunity to apply your diverse skillset to inspire others to follow in your footsteps.
Who are we?
The Australian Fitness Academy is Australia’s leading fitness course provider, graduating over 30,000 students since 1993. We are committed to providing the highest quality courses and support services to assist our students in creating rewarding careers as Fitness Instructors and Personal Trainers.
About the position
As a Student Support Officer, you will contribute to a team of energetic and experienced education professionals responsible for motivating and assisting the AFA student cohort throughout their journey with us.
The position is based at our head office in Caulfield South within our Education team. It is a full-time (37.5 hours) position with the flexibility of working your preferred hours across the week and from home (for 1 day each week) once the initial induction training has been completed.
- Provide support to students completing fitness industry qualifications via LMS messaging, emails, phone calls, webinars and face-to-face interaction
- Clarify and explain fitness, exercise, nutrition, first aid and health-related topics to students
- Assist students with enquiries regarding assessments and use of online platforms and resources. Enquiries are received via the Learner Management System (online), phone or from students attending courses on campus.
- Monitor student participation and progress across the suite of fitness courses and maintain records of student activity according to AFA protocols.
- Conduct a variety of student support activities and tasks within allocated timeframes to achieve targeted course completion rates
- Deliver face-to-face lecturing, conduct practical assessments and keep records in line with current ASQA Standards for RTOs 2015, current State Funding Contracts, AFA Policies and Procedures and AFA Training and Assessment Strategies.
- Maintain student records in accordance with AFA procedures to ensure compliance with ASQA regulations.
- Contribute towards the review, improvement and development of course resources, assessments and student support activities
- Assist with RPL and course eligibility assessments as required
- Participate in AFA promotional events where applicable
- Commit to AFA values, vision and mission.
- Participate in staff meetings, assessment validation and moderation and ongoing professional development
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Have a thorough understanding of the units of competency contained within the current Fitness Industry Training Package
- The ability to engage students and apply effective training and communication strategies
- Proficiency in IT programs and Learner Management Systems (Adobe, Microsoft Office, Moodle)
- Sound organisational skills, ability to prioritise tasks, work autonomously and in a team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (with TAE40116 or TAE40110 with units TAELLN411 and TAEASS502)
- Tertiary qualification in Exercise/Sport Science/Physical Education, or Certificate III and IV in Fitness and at least two years’ experience working in fitness instruction
- Current First Aid Qualification
- Current fitness industry registration
- Current working with children check
Please note: The successful candidate must hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Salary: $70,000 to $80,000 annual wage, plus superannuation
As a member of the AFA Team, you will have a major influence on the development of our graduates to ensure they enter the industry as work-ready fitness professionals.
Submit your CV and cover letter via the 'Apply' button.
For a full job description or more information, please contact email@example.com or call (03) 9532 7800.